"The galaxy is a dangerous place. Let’s keep it that way."
Alamo Industries is the leading outfitter for the Spaceman on a budget. And while you won’t find high end items like Vril-tech or Ultrawave devices in their catalog, they do carry a wide selection of fairly reliable rayguns at bargain prices. From discount Marconi Pistols to affordable Heisenberg Disintegrators, Alamo Industries has you covered.
Critical Fumble Table for Budget Energy Weapons (roll 2d6 and cross your fingers)
2. The antenna falls off and rolls 1d6 feet in a random direction. -2 to hit until repaired.
3. The Accumulator Array overheats. Weapon is jammed for 1d4 turns.
4. Shot fizzles: 1 charge is wasted.
5. Shot fizzle-dizzles: 1d6 charges wasted.
6. Weapon melts, causing 1d4 damage to the hand which held it.
7. Beam hits target (no damage) and is reflected back at shooter (full damage).
8. Battery goes critical, explodes 1 round later for damage equal to number of charges remaining.
9. Weapon dematerializes, permanently.
10. Localized Anomaly: Shooter is accidentally teleported 2d6 feet in a random direction. 1 in 6 chance of fatality.
11. Extremely Localized Anomaly: Weapon teleports 2d6 feet in a random direction, taking shooter’s arm with it. The wound is cauterized and no damage is incurred, but limb loss is permanent. However, Alamo Industries will probably offer a discount on a mechanical replacement (which likely has it’s own critical fumble table).
12. Complete Immolation: Save or be reduced to a pile of glowing ashes. The glowing ash pile provides dim illumination in a 10’ radius for 1d4 turns.
Be careful out there.