The Aether Barons of Hypnopolis, having grown weary of expenses incurred by employee death, tasked the Alchemancers Guild with finding a solution to their labor dilemma. The problem fell to Nong of Gung, an Alchemancer whose reputation has since been proven to be greatly exaggerated. Nong spent months in his laboratory, emerging only to refresh his supply of intoxicants, until finally declaring the matter solved.
Nong named his invention The Dehydrated Man. It was affordable, easy to transport, and required no food and very little water. The Dehydrated Man went into immediate production, the Alchemancers Guild became fabulously wealthy, and Aether production skyrocketed.
If only more testing had been done.
This item is worth 100gp. It usually takes the form of a quart-sized glass jar or canister filled with a blue-black salt. To activate it, one must empty the vessel onto the ground and add a small amount of purified water. After a brief alchemical reaction, the mixture will grow into a near-perfect clone of Nong of Gung.
Roll a d6:
1. The clone is alert, fully functional, and will perform any task asked of it.
2. The clone is frightened and confused for 1d4 rounds before eventually pulling it’s shit together.
3. The clone is obedient, but mouthy.
4. The clone is obedient but mentally deficient and only capable of very simple tasks.
5. The clone is obstinate and will only debate the ethics of slavery and the cruelty of it’s own existence.
6. The clone is insane. 50% suicidal, 50% murderous rampage.
A Dehydrated Henchmen lasts 1d6 hours, and at the end of which will become unstable and melt into a puddle of protoplasmic goo. Obviously, this is a single use item.
Edit: I apparently stole this idea from a thread I saw, bookmarked, and promptly forgot about. I knew I liked it too much to have actually been it's actual progenitor. Please accept my humble apology. I've never seen the new version of Gamma World, but I may need to change that soon. The marketing team at WotC is clearly more insidious than I suspected. DAMMIT!